Thursday, October 9, 2008

Rhodes pool full of fully-clothed Rhodents

On Tuesday a friend and I joined the masses of Rhodents who have suddenly realised that it is in fact Summer and so have jumped into frantic jogging and other such exercise to get rid of the winter wads. Panting and fat wobbling us successfully jogged twice around the block before collapsing in a heap of res food induced cramps. While we lay on the ground the real joggers flew past us, running on air, which get bus back on our feet and we ran to the pool (which was just down the road). It was the first time that I had swum in the Rhodes pool but the icy water felt great and I definitely think that I enjoy swimming more than jogging. Apparently one kilometre is equivalent to three kilometres in water! What made us laugh though was that we were too shy to swim in only our costumes so we jumped in with our T-shirts only to find that there were three other girls who had jumped in with their entire outfit as well, so until we all accept that our bodies are not such a sight for sore eyes, the pool is going to be filled with fully clothed Rodents. My guard mother recommended that I swim daily because water is a calming agent and all that jazz. She then went on to explain that when she was at Rhodes she would go for a swim by herself at 10 pm! I can not believe how times have changed because to do that today would be a death sentence. Added to that I have watched way too many horror movies to go swimming alone in the dead of night!

No comments: